TRISTAN C. ROBINSON
TEXAS WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Fort Worth, Texas
Juris Doctor, May 2012
Candidate for Intellectual Property Certificate
- Trademark Prosecution
- Trademark applications from start to finish.
- Conduct searches using the USPTO.gov website for conflicting TMs.
- Prepared material for Law School’s real IP dispute involving CLIP logo (Material Available)
- Drafted Office Action Responses (samples available)
- Trademarks & Unfair Competition
- General knowledge of patent prosecution process
- Intellectual Property Law Survey
- Information Society (ACTA – International IP rights)
- Internet Law
- International Intellectual Property Licensing (Japan)
- IP rights / dispute resolution
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL
Tokyo, Japan Campus, Spring 2011
TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY
San Marcos, Texas
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communications – Public Relations, 2009
- Dean’s List (Various)
- Sigma Alpha Lambda, National Honors & Leadership Fraternity
- The ethical pursuit of intellectual property rights for individuals as well as small and large businesses.
- Negotiation of international contracts and international intellectual property licenses.
- Zealous protection of rights holders in trademark, copyright, and patent disputes.
LAW OFFICES OF TRISTAN C. ROBINSON, P.L.L.C.
Owner and Managing Attorney, December 2013 – Present, Spring, Texas
Civil Law Practice
General practice with a focus on intellectual property, wills and estate planning, probate court, and family law.
Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law
Experienced analytical mind engaged in routinely managing client expectations and prosecuting documents with respect to IP law. Expertise ranging from non-disclosure agreements, 360 contracts, trademarks (prosecuted through the USPTO), copyrights, response to DMCA and Internet Law matters.
Guardianships, Wills and Probate Law
Highly experienced litigator for heirships, guardianships and general probate matters. Routine drafting of wills and other testamentary documents. Certified attorney ad litem, representing various wards, courts and parties on behalf Harris County Probate Courts.
Yacht Sales Co., General Counsel
Attorney to The Yacht Sales Company, handling negotiations for contracts, drafting trade agreements, intensive legal research, reviewing existing or proposed contracts, and managing client expectations on a routine basis.
Heavily experienced Family Litigator working various cases from inception to conclusion, including numerous Suits Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship (SAPCRs), Divorces, Adult Adoptions, and others. Trial experience at all stages of Family Lawsuits.
Misdemeanor and Felony Criminal Law
Resolution of numerous misdemeanors and felonies with a high success rate for clients. Experience ranges from misdemeanors to felonies of various types.
LAW OFFICES OF STEPHEN D. JACKSON & ASSOCIATES
Law Clerk and Associate Attorney, October 2012 – November 2013, Conroe, Texas
Criminal Law: Capital Murder Experience
Trial preparation for defense in two high profile capital murder cases.
- Expert Witnesses – direct correspondence with and administrative role pertaining to coordinating fees and roles of experts for clients’ cases.
- Client Management – met with capital murder clientele on a weekly basis and dealt with managing their expectations and handling sensitive personalities when death is a potential outcome of the case.
- Case Briefing – sorted through voluminous offense reports and briefed the roles of all parties involved; performed background checks on both civilian and law enforcement witnesses. Organized voluminous documents into navigable material to be used at trial.
- Open Records – performed various levels of open records requests with respect to law enforcement witnesses and otherwise (obtained TCLEOSE records, Texas Medical Board open record information for experts, and personnel files for various law enforcement personnel). Handled all correspondence with county and district attorneys regarding any issues that arose from same.
Criminal Law: Felony and Misdemeanor Experience
Case preparation for various felony and misdemeanor cases.
- Evidence Management – Briefed observations on DWI videos, reviewed jail letters and tapes of phone calls made by clients.
- Active Warrant Checks – Responsible for review of a multiple clients’ pending warrant status.
- Expunctions – Dealt with preparation of expunctions.
Family Law and Probate Experience
Involved in preparation of CPS, probate, and Family Law issues as needed.
Dealt with sensitivities of clients who had families and finances at stake.
Diligent management of all personal billable hours worked.
DALLAS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
Intern, January 2012 – May 2012, Dallas, Texas
Criminal Law: Felony Family Violence Experience
Trial preparation of felony family violence cases for Assistant District Attorney.
- Discovery – Prepared ADA’s responses to discovery requests by defense and gained experience in information that should / should not be withheld.
- Voir Dire – Assisted in jury selection process and organization of juror questionnaires.
- Research – Researched various complex legal issues in preparation for trial.
- Evidence Review – Dealt with numerous jail calls and assisted ADA in identifying potentially incriminating information elicited from same.
DALLAS COUNTY PUBLIC DEFENDER’S OFFICE
Intern, September 2011 – January 2012 Dallas, Texas
Criminal Law: Misdemeanor Family Violence Experience
Assisted Public Defender(s) with client interviews, filing court documents, and discovery process.
- Member, State Bar of Texas, 2013-Present
- Member, State Bar of Texas Intellectual Property Law Section, 2013-Present
- Member, State Bar of Texas Sports and Entertainment Law Section, 2013-Present
- Member, American Bar Association (“ABA”) 2009-2012
- Member, TWU Law Intellectual Property Law Association (“IPLA”) 2010-2012
- Grand Master of Ceremonies, Kappa Sigma Fraternity, 2004-2008
Texas State Bar – Admitted June 6, 2013
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas – Admitted March 14, 2016